USB Palm/Weird messages on hotsync....

Josef Karthauser joe at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jul 17 06:01:11 PDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 01:17:24PM -0500, Larry Rosenman wrote:
> Since I know there's been LOTS of USB commits in the last few days...
>
> I tried(!) my Tungsten T today and got the following:
>
> Jul 16 13:08:15 lerlaptop-red kernel: ucom0: Palm, Inc. Palm Handheld, rev
> 1.10/1.00, addr 2
> Jul 16 13:08:15 lerlaptop-red kernel: ucom0: Palm, Inc. Palm Handheld, rev
> 1.10/1.00, addr 2
> Jul 16 13:08:20 lerlaptop-red kernel: ucom0: init failed, TIMEOUT
> Jul 16 13:08:20 lerlaptop-red kernel: device_probe_and_attach: ucom0 attach
> returned 6
> Jul 16 13:08:20 lerlaptop-red kernel: uhub1: port 1, set config at addr 2
> failed
> Jul 16 13:08:20 lerlaptop-red kernel: uhub1: device problem, disabling port
> 1

"init failed, TIMEOUT".  The first thing to do is to try and work out
what's going on here.  It may be possible that the ucom is attaching to
the wrong pipe.  There is some code in the netbsd uvisor source for
attaching ucoms to a number of pipes, and I know that later versions of
palmos do have difference pipes for difference conduits.  It may be
worth trying to port the missing bits (it should be clear from the
source which bits are missing - there's a comment block at the top) and
seeing what difference that makes.

Joe
--
Josef Karthauser (joe at tao.org.uk)	       http://www.josef-k.net/