OpenPAM dynamic module loading not working ?

Dag-Erling Smorgrav des at des.no
Sun Jul 13 04:11:04 PDT 2003

On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 10:11:09AM +0100, Dominic Marks wrote:
> Ok, can you explain why it was trying to find the pam_get_pass symbol
> which was removed from the module (by a port patch) and not mentioned in
> OpenPAM? I assume OpenPAM is looking in the module, catching a stray
> reference to it and then slipping up from here?

The patch doesn't remove references to pam_get_pass(); it removes the port's
own implementation of pam_get_pass() under the assumption that libpam
provides one (which it no longer does).  I'm afraid it's simply not going to
work on -CURRENT without heavy modification...  It relies too heavily on old
glue code which has been removed.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no