NVidia driver stability?

Will Saxon WillS at housing.ufl.edu
Sat Jul 12 18:22:49 PDT 2003

Well I have to say that about 30min after I wrote in originally, I started having problems. X locked up, but I could switch around to different vty's and also ctrl-alt-bksp out of X. However, when I tried to restart X my machine locked up entirely.

I am wondering though if it is all the nvidia driver's fault - while my machine has been stable through installation of the nvidia driver it is now being screwy even after removal of the driver. It's basically locking hard after about 5-10 minutes every time I use it, and sometimes I cannot even log in. I guess I don't know what to think.

-Will