jails and 5-roadmap ?

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Thu Jul 10 09:34:59 PDT 2003

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 11:28:45PM +0200, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> +> >there are floating around some patches for jails. At least
> +> >- multi-IP
> +> >- statfs restrictions
> +> >- sysv
> +> >come to my mind and there are perhaps others too.
>
> It looks like all of those are mine:
>
> 	http://garage.freebsd.pl

yeah I know. At least most. I also have a statfs restriction patch for
5.x (compileable as module starting with ~5.1). It's mostly the same
as yours but some more sysctl options etc.

see http://sources.zabbadoz.net/freebsd/jail.html or kern/49085.

> And there are few more. My favorite one is multi-level jails - you can

Yes some other are still floating around I guess.

> Exactly. And my patches are in desynch with current source, because it
> is hard to maintain them when they aren't intergrated...

yeah, great problem :( I copied most of the sources for the .ko
from sys/* and added my patches + some module magic. This had been
the easiest way for me.

> And here I am!:)

Many thanks.

56 69 73 69 74				http://www.zabbadoz.net/