HTT on single CPU?

Andrey Chernov ache at nagual.pp.ru
Wed Jul 9 05:37:38 PDT 2003

On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 13:13:44 -0400, John Baldwin wrote:

> You need to enable SMP and APIC_IO in your kernel to use HTT.  Also,
> the BIOS setting probably won't make a difference.

I have both APIC and HTT flags in my P4, but when I try to load kernel
compiled with APIC_IO and SMP, I got panic:

pmap_bootstrap: no local apic! (non-SMP hardware?)

Is it motherboard or BIOS? I have no Hyperthreading setting in the BIOS,
but PIC or APIC modes (both not works with MP kernel). Motherboard is ASUS
P4B533.