Silicon Image SiI 3112 Serial ATA controller support?

Soeren Schmidt sos at spider.deepcore.dk
Sun Jul 6 09:01:28 PDT 2003

It seems Arjan van Leeuwen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is the Silicon Image SiI 3112 Serial ATA controller supported in -CURRENT, or
> is anybody working on support? I have one here (on a Asus A7N8X mainboard),
> but the controller is not recognized at boot. If I can help anyone with
> information about the system, that'd be very nice - I'd like to have support
> for those fast Western Digital Raptors :).

I committed support for that couple of days ago:

ata-chipset.c: revision 1.32
date: 2003/07/02 10:50:44;  author: sos;  state: Exp;  lines: +114 -46
Update the SATA support code to work more correctly with
real SATA disks now that I can test it.

Add support for the SiI 3112 SATA chip using memory mapped I/O.
Update the support for the SiI 0680 to use the memio interface as well.