ATH card choices.

David Gilbert dgilbert at dclg.ca
Wed Dec 31 15:31:01 PST 2003

Doug> On Wed, 31 Dec 2003, David Gilbert wrote:
>> I'm excited about the ath card support and am looking to get one.
>> eBay is currently offering one at $99 US ... that is listed as:

Doug> FWIW, I've had very good luck with my d-link DWL-AG650 pccard,
Doug> and I imagine that the d-link mini-pci cards listed in ath(4)
Doug> would work just as well. I tried the netgear a/b/g card before
Doug> buying the d-link, and was very disappointed.

I'm very nervous about DLink now.  I've had a few bad products from
them and from LinkSys (although all my linksys products have died
... at least a few of my dlink are still working).

My big nit is that they often change chipsets without changing their
product literature or even their product ID.  The sister card to this
one you mention appears to not be the ath chipset as it's specs don't
include the 108Mb mode that other ath devices seem to.

Dave.