interface bonding

John strgout at unixjunkie.com
Wed Dec 31 08:40:43 PST 2003

I don't know if anyone has seen the interface bonding thread on freebsd-security
but i though i would send this over here just to see what everyone thinks.

What is the correct way to bond interfaces that are to be used for a sniffer.

Lets say i have 2 sniffer nics and 1 management nic. I want to send all packets
from the sniffer nics to a virtual nic so that i only need to sniff the virtual
nic to see all traffic coming in on the sniffer nics. The management nic will
only be used for management (ssh, http whatever).

Also whatever the out come is, could that info be added to the handbook?