file descriptor leak in 5.2-RC

Oliver Brandmueller ob at e-Gitt.NET
Thu Dec 25 14:20:32 PST 2003

Re.

bad style quoting myself, I know.

On Thu, Dec 25, 2003 at 10:58:38PM +0100, Oliver Brandmueller wrote:
> This means for every localhost connect related to amavisd we have one
> leaking file descriptor!

Since IPv6 is configured on the host and was in /etc/hosts (but not in
DNS) I saw a lot of failed connections to ::1 (the daemons only listened
on the IPv4 ports on localhost). I removed localhost pointing to ::1
from /etc/hosts and the failed connections disappeared. But the problem
with leaking file descriptors keep the same, so it's not related to
localhost connections via inet6 refused on this host.

Out of ideas. Anyone else please...

- Oliver

--
| Oliver Brandmueller | Offenbacher Str. 1  | Germany       D-14197 Berlin |
| Fon +49-172-3130856 | Fax +49-172-3145027 | WWW:   http://the.addict.de/ |