Continued problems with Aironet device and 5.2-RC

James Earl james at icionline.ca
Mon Dec 22 15:42:34 PST 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-22 at 14:16, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> As I have seen it, the problems are not generally IRQ related, as far as
> I can tell.
>
> As to what devices share interrupts, that depends on BIOS configuration
> to some extent. cbb0, cbb1, and any devices connected to those will
> always share an irq. On many systems other devices also share this
> IRQ. On my T30, the fxp0 and wi0 devices both share this interrupt.
>
> Most of the resource issues revolve around the addresses to use for I/O
> devices. This is partly addressed by start_memory. The
> allow_unsupported_io_range tunable also get into a different part of
> this issue.

The device drivers determine the memory addresses to be used by the
device, right?

I'm curious to try the an driver from 5.1-RELEASE under 5.2-RC, but I'm
not sure if it would be pointless, or too difficult with all the changes
that have been made.  I don't want to end up with a 5.1-RELEASE kernel
when I'm done because I had to replace so much stuff!

James