ULE Interactivity perf patch

Vladimir B. Grebenschikov vova at fbsd.ru
Mon Dec 22 04:10:33 PST 2003

В пт, 19.12.2003, в 17:30, Jeff Roberson пишет:
> I realized a pitfal in the way that I'm doing slice assignment for
> interactive tasks.  I'd like to have as many people test this as possible,
> in case there are unintended consequences.  What this patch does is allow
> interactive tasks to have longer time-slices so that they may be more
> efficient.
>
> This patch is intended to fix the poor performance of some interactive
> processes while under high load, especially high load with other
> interactive tasks present.
>
> http://www.chesapeake.net/~jroberson/interact.diff

Without patch on ULE kernel my UP 933Mhz PIII
with nvidia card:
OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL renderer string: GeForce2 MX/AGP/SSE
OpenGL version string: 1.4.0 NVIDIA 43.65
and x11/nvidia-driver installed

GLMatrix screensaver blinks too match instead of smooth 3D moving, there
was no such effect with native scheduler.

Problem exist with and without other load on the box.

Should I try patch ?

> Thanks,
> Jeff

Vladimir B. Grebenschikov <vova at fbsd.ru>