Possible IPsec Trouble in 5.2RC?

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Sun Dec 21 22:30:11 PST 2003

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003, Crist J. Clark wrote:

Hi,

> > > I think the problem is that the IKE traffic, 500/udp, is not bypassing
> > > the IPsec processing like it should.
> >
> > 	That's what looked like was going on in my setup as well.
>
> A few others have seen the same problems with KAME IPsec in 5.2RC. One
> person mentioned that the FAST_IPSEC implementation does not share the
> bug. I switched over and things work fine with the same racoon
> executable and configuration. This does look like a bug in the FreeBSD
> KAME IPsec.

yes it is. I have reduced crashes here but have been away the whole
sunday and thus have not yet finished my patching. I have not been
able to test the BYPASS problem up to now.

This had been the last uptime I could reach here:
 5:48AM  up 1 day, 1 min, 2 users, load averages: 0.02, 0.02, 0.00

After that some dynamic IPs changed including one on my ipsec
interface and then it crashed. I already know the problem for that
one. So if you might wait another few days I will hopefully be able to
come up with a patch that fixes all the 0xdeadc0de access I am seeing
here.

--
Greetings

56 69 73 69 74				http://www.zabbadoz.net/