FreeBSD-5.2-RC1

Brian F. Feldman green at FreeBSD.org
Fri Dec 19 15:52:49 PST 2003

"Tom Cage" <k5gj at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Scott,
>
>     I have downloaded and installed FreeBSD-5.2-CURRENT and find that
> everything
> work correctly with one exception, ecm-5.0.1.  This same problem occurs on 3
> different computers.
>
>     Using gcc-3.3-CURRENT, the following occurs:
>
> [...]
> ecm in realloc(): error: allocation failed
> Abort trap (core dumped)

Try removing the debugging malloc(3) option (read the malloc(3) man page
for info on the MALLOC_OPTIONS environment variable) and see what happens.
The "junk fill" and "abort on error" ones are enabled in -CURRENT, and are
significantly different than the behavior with neither enabled.

  <> green at FreeBSD.org                               \  The Power to Serve! \