once again 5.2 RC and watchdog timeout

Matthias Andree ma at dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de
Tue Dec 16 17:39:13 PST 2003

Radek Kozlowski <radek at raadradd.com> writes:

> I see in your ifconfig that you have 'autoselect' in rl0. Try setting
> it to 10baseT/UTP or 100baseTX before enabling the interface. I am not
> sure whether it's possible in rc.conf, [...]

It is possible in /etc/rc.conf and works for me with a vintage 3C900
Combo that needs to be told to do 10base2/BNC.

I don't bother to spend time trying to find out how I could make it
autoconfigure properly if adding two words to rc.conf does the job...

The best automatic is one that can be switched off... :-P

--
Matthias Andree