rcng,devfs and bind9

Guido van Rooij guido at gvr.org
Tue Dec 16 14:27:55 PST 2003

Given that /etc/rc.d/named is rather bind8 based, I would like to run
it with named_rcng=NO.
However, that measn that I have to make sure the the dev (null and random)
entries have to be created differently. I looked at the way devfs
is configured in the rc subsystem, but only jails seem to be supported.

What would be the correct way to deal with some random chrooted program?
Best would be to mount a devfs instance locally within the chroot
showing only the needed devices.

Is this possible in the current rc system? If so: how?

-Guido