Two patches for 5.2-RELEASE

Gavin Atkinson gavin+freebsd at ury.york.ac.uk
Sat Dec 13 14:17:58 PST 2003

Hi,

I'd like to suggest the following two patches to go into 5.2 before
it's release.

http://www.devrandom.co.uk/freebsd/UPDATING.diff
  - Include release date of 5.1-RELEASE, to aid people updating from it

http://www.devrandom.co.uk/freebsd/sysinstall.diff
  - Remove ftp3.uk.freebsd.org, as it's FreeBSD mirror has not been
    updated since about March. Emails to the ftp site admin and to
    hostmaster at uk.freebsd.org (as listed on the freebsd website) have not
    bounced or been replied to. Probably won't be updated before the release
    date, so removing it will avoid annoying 1 in 5 UK freebsd installers :)

I appreciate it's short notice before the release, but both patches are
very low risk and in my opinion should be included in the release. Both
patches are against HEAD.

Thanks,

Gavin