nss and pthreads and wine, oh my!

Jacques A. Vidrine nectar at FreeBSD.org
Wed Dec 10 09:08:19 PST 2003

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 12:39:59AM -0500, Daniel Eischen wrote:
> Yes, I think libc should only call locking primitives when
> __isthread != 0.

Hi Dan,

You don't mean that, do you?  You seem to be implying that pthread
functions would have to be invoked in libc something like this:

  result = __isthreaded ? _pthread_mutex_trylock(&foo_lock) : 0;
  if (result != 0)
          /* error */;

or use the macros in reentrant.h.

But, maybe I'm just misunderstanding you.  I believe the thread
functions are `stubbed out' in the non-thread case?

Cheers,
--
Jacques Vidrine   NTT/Verio SME      FreeBSD UNIX       Heimdal
nectar at celabo.org jvidrine at verio.net nectar at freebsd.org nectar at kth.se