just a hint: kmem_map too small - 5.2-CURRENT-20031209

Zoran Kikic kikic at magic-garden.de
Wed Dec 10 05:28:48 PST 2003

hi,

I installed 5.2-CURRENT-20031209 on a pIII 500 SMP (2x) with only 64 MB
ram and everything was fine. As I tried to rebuild the kernel (minor
changes, just dropped the curr. debug settings etc.) which finished
without warnings, I got "panic: kmem_malloc: kmem_map too small" after
reboot. I found many hints about that problem but everyone was writing
about RAM > 2GB... I tried to upgrade to 128 MB and it works now.

Zoran