misc/59876 (5.2-BETA APM broken)

Nate Lawson nate at root.org
Tue Dec 9 12:08:11 PST 2003

The software watchdog trap is working as expected.  It correctly generates
a trap once the kernel is no longer poking it because interrupts are being
lost.

The real problem is that interrupts are being lost after resume.  It
appears that the ata controller is not properly reseting.  I am now
experiencing this problem also.  However, this behavior appeared before
the 1203 import and appears to be a regression.  I had the same problem
back in the summer but it was fixed by a commit by sos at .  It worked for a
few months and is back to the original behavior (hanging with the drive
light on upon resume).  Perhaps he can look into this?

-Nate