keyboard lock-up.

Doug White dwhite at gumbysoft.com
Mon Dec 8 12:26:25 PST 2003

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003, Victor Ivanov wrote:

> I have this problem with recent RELENG_5_1 on two
> identical machines using VIA chipset. This happens
> right after install, the first time I boot the
> machine. Everything else seems to work just fine,
> and because I'm using ssh to access the pc, it's
> not a big problem.

I've had odd problems where loader b0rks the keyboard if you hit enter in
the right combination to jump through boot0, boot2, and loader.  I've had
it happen on just about everything tho, more often than not on my KT400 at
home.  I just have to be careful :)  After years of training when I see
boot0 or the boot2 spinny I hit enter a few times so it doesn't wait.