HEADSUP! Sii3112 (l)users please test!

Soren Schmidt sos at spider.deepcore.dk
Mon Dec 8 01:24:34 PST 2003

It seems Soren Schmidt wrote:

> For those of you unfortunate enough to have Sii3112A SATA controllers
> please try the latest update to ata-chipset.c (rev 1.49) and see if it fixes
> your problems with DMA timeouts (if you have had that problem of cause).

STOP PRESS!!

You need revision 1.50 of ata-chipset.c as I've just fixed another errata
with the SiI3112A chips, from the CVS log:

	Serialize access to the SATA channels, the chip messes up if
	both channels are used at the same time.

	The SiI3112A hereby takes the price as the most crappy SATA chip in
	existance by a significant amount.

	My advise to our userbase is to avoid this chip like the plague...

-Søren
                       .. but it works under windows!!