5.1-RELEASE-p11 - ACPI panic during shutdown, USB panic w/ USB2 HD

Doug White dwhite at gumbysoft.com
Sun Dec 7 13:35:38 PST 2003

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003, Nick Sayer wrote:

> I don't have huge amounts of detail. I'm sort of writing this to see if
> I can get a rough idea how likely it is these items are already fixed
> in the pending 5.2 release.

Without panic messages, its really hard to say. Why don't you pull down
5.2-BETA and see if you can reproduce the issues?

There was an acpi shutdown panic in 5.2 a couple of times, but it seems to
be happy now.

Can't help you on the ehci/umass issue though.  I have a USB disk that
will at least read ok, but since its HFS+ I can't mount it. Its also my
backup disk for my Macs so I'd prefer not to destroy it :-)