PANIC: PAGE FAULT

Robert Watson rwatson at freebsd.org
Wed Dec 3 05:20:31 PST 2003

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, Ganbaa wrote:

> I'm trying to install FreeBSD-5.1 on the PC with PIII,512MB SDRAM, 30GB
> Barracuda II Model ST330630A. But following error has occured.

We're in the throes of preparing FreeBSD 5.2 for release, which includes a
large number of bug fixes (although potentially a fair number of bugs, as
we're still in the beta).  I think it might make sense to try grabbing the
5.2-ISO from the FTP site and see if you can install that.  If you run
into the same bug, it includes a kernel.debug and debugging information we
can use to debug the problem.  If you run into a different bug, we can
work to fix that, or better yet, it might just work :-).  Regardless of
whether you stick with 5.2 during the test cycle, the results would be
very helpful to make sure 5.2 will work on your hardware even if 5.1
doesn't.