Daily lockups on 5.2-BETA (maybe pst driver bug?)

Attila Nagy bra at fsn.hu
Tue Dec 2 10:13:26 PST 2003

Doug White wrote:
> It appears you have the hardware watchdog enabled. Any reason you need
> that?  It might be malfunctioning on your system.
It's FreeBSD's WATCHDOG, and all I compiled that in is why I needed the
machine to go. But it doesn't :-O

It freezes without the watchdog completely.

> Also the pst driver might be grabbing interrupts for too long.  You might
> check your RAID status.
Is it normal that a RAID driver crashes the kernel when a RAID array is
down?
BTW, the card's bios doesn't show any problems (it's dumb as the earth),
but I will check it with its Windows stuff, but first I need to install
a Windows somewhere...

Thanks.

--
Attila Nagy                                   e-mail: Attila.Nagy at fsn.hu