licq & KSE

Daniel Eischen eischen at vigrid.com
Tue Dec 2 07:02:18 PST 2003

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, Alexander Motin wrote:

> Alexander Motin wrote:
> > If I use libkse I get:
> >  kernel: Warning: pid 25341 used static ldt allocation.
> >  kernel: See the i386_set_ldt man page for more info
> > in my messages.
> > When I use libc_r I do not get this messages.
>
> I'm sorry. Messages seems to be independent from library. I get messages
> with both libraries but not every time. Some times I get two messages on
> one licq launching. But with libc_r it works and with libkse is not.

It is not libkse that is causing the messages.  It is some library
or driver that licq is using.  The kernel spews these messages
whenever something uses static LDT allocation.  We know that nvidia
drivers and/or their OpenGL library do this, and they have been
notified of it (by me).  If there is another library or application
that is also using static LDT allocation, please help us find it
so it can be fixed also.

--
Dan Eischen