pcic device causes kernel build failure

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sat Aug 30 20:28:39 PDT 2003

In message: <20030830142644.F21642 at znfgre.qbhto.arg>
            Doug Barton <DougB at freebsd.org> writes:
: I found my problem, when I got this new laptop two weeks ago I
: UN-commented the pcic cardbus bridge "just in case." This worked fine up
: till 8/27, my last build on that machine. Starting last night, with that
: device in my kernel config, kernel build fails with the error below.
: Commenting it again allows the kernel to build.

Don't build pcic with newcard.  It is broken, doesn't work and isn't
supported.  I have a rewrite in my p4 tree that I'm slugging through,
but pcic is likely to coninue to not compile until that's committed.

Warner