nfs tranfers hang in state getblck or nfsread

Terry Lambert tlambert2 at mindspring.com
Fri Aug 29 10:01:10 PDT 2003

Jason Stone wrote:
> We actually had this discussion already over on -performance (and I get
> what you're saying), but the interesting question here is, why is 5.1
> behaving so differently from 4-stable on identical hardware under
> identical load.

Because an absolute ton of code was rewritten.

Try the following, if you have a cheked out 5.1 system from a local
copy of the repository via cvsup:

	cd /usr/src
	cvs diff -r RELENG_4 | wc -l

This will tell you how many lines of changes there are, not
including completely new files.

Be prepared to wait an hour or so while it spews the diffs.  8-).

-- Terry