buildworld failure

Mike Jakubik mikej at trigger.net
Fri Aug 29 09:36:54 PDT 2003

	I think the impact is more social. People will try to compile world and get
failures. Specially people coming from the 4.x branch, where this sort of
think never occurred. If this is the only thing preventing a clean makeworld
with -O2, I think its worth taking a look at.

	I've been using freebsd since the 2.x days, I have always compiled world
and ports with -O2, and never had any instability issues due to the
optimizations. I have switched back to -O and -march=pentium4, the
buildworld finished ok.