nvidia.ko freezes system in -current

Christoph Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Aug 28 08:40:36 PDT 2003

I cvsuped world and kernel today, built world, installed world,
did a reinstall (with compilation) of the nvidia module 1.0-4365
and the kernel module loads fine but when I startx I get
a few screen flashes and the reboot.

I have agp_load="YES" in loader.conf (as I had before).
I did not choose WITH_FREBSD_AGP as the port makefile
gives as option.

Need urgent help since I did this (boo boo) on a production server
Well the server runs (httpd) but I have no X at the moment and
I cannot afford frequent compiles and reboots at the moment.