IDE DVD playback on 5.1-CURRENT

Peter Kostouros kpeter at melbpc.org.au
Thu Aug 28 02:57:04 PDT 2003

Hi

I had a similar problem when running mplayer with recent kernels. My
problem was that although I was executing mplayer with -dvd-device
/dev/acd0, the program was trying to open /dev/racd0. I modified
main/libmpdvdkit2/dvd_reader.c and sure enough everything is OK. I hope
the following helps:

#if defined(SYS_BSD)
/* FreeBSD /dev/(r)(a)cd0c (a is for atapi), recomended to _not_ use r
   OpenBSD /dev/rcd0c, it needs to be the raw device
   NetBSD  /dev/rcd0[d|c|..] d for x86, c (for non x86), perhaps others
   Darwin  /dev/rdisk0,  it needs to be the raw device
   BSD/OS  /dev/sr0c (if not mounted) or /dev/rsr0c ('c' any letter will
do) */
static char *bsd_block2char( const char *path )
{
    char *new_path;

#if 0
    /* If it doesn't start with "/dev/" or does start with "/dev/r" exit */
    if( strncmp( path, "/dev/",  5 ) || !strncmp( path, "/dev/r", 6 ) )
      return (char *) strdup( path );

    /* Replace "/dev/" with "/dev/r" */
    new_path = malloc( strlen(path) + 2 );
    strcpy( new_path, "/dev/r" );
    strcat( new_path, path + strlen( "/dev/" ) );
#endif

    new_path = strdup(path);

    return new_path;
}