cvs commit: src/sys/sys soundcard.h vs. gkrellmvolume2

Craig Boston craig at xfoil.gank.org
Mon Aug 25 19:27:24 PDT 2003

Cameron Grant wrote:

> cg          2003/08/14 18:24:36 PDT
>
>  FreeBSD src repository
>
>  Modified files:
>    sys/sys              soundcard.h
>  Log:
>  add a few missing bits for future use
>
>  Revision  Changes    Path
>  1.42      +27 -1     src/sys/sys/soundcard.h

FYI, this change breaks audio/gkrellmvolume2 (when compiled from source;
existing binaries should work fine).  Just finished rebuilding all my ports
on a day-old CURRENT and noticed that all the volume controls were missing.

As far as I can tell it's picking up the recently-added SOUND_MIXER_INFO macro
and puking when it finds out that the kernel doesn't actually support the
ioctl for it yet.  Admittedly, gkrellmvolume should probably have a better
failure mode than ignoring the entire mixer, but it took me a little by
surprise :)

Umemoto-san: I'm not sure if this is worth putting a patch in the ports tree
or not -- I guess it depends on how soon "future" is in the above statement.

Anyway, I'm attaching a quick workaround if anyone else running current runs
in to this.

Happy hacking,
Craig