KDE Konsole, crashes, on a SIGABRT...

Larry Rosenman ler at lerctr.org
Sun Aug 24 19:38:09 PDT 2003

--On Sunday, August 24, 2003 23:17:57 +0200 Michael Nottebrock
<michaelnottebrock at gmx.net> wrote:

> On Saturday 23 August 2003 18:03, Daniel Eischen wrote:
>> On Sat, 23 Aug 2003, Larry Rosenman wrote:
>
>> > Prior to Thursday, it worked just fine.
>>
>> I can't explain it.  Someone is going to have to debug konsole and
>> figure out what is going on.
>
> Done. Turns out this change (
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/lib/libc/gen/gethostname.c.diff
> ?r1=1.3&r2=1.4&f=h  ) was the cause for Konsole to abort(). The case of
> gethostbyname returning  ENOMEM is caught, ENAMETOOLONG isn't. A fix will
> go into the kdebase port in  the next few days, along with a bunch of
> other fixes.
For the record, Arjan van Leeuwen <avleeuwen at piwebs.com> passed me a copy
of the
patch for ENAMETOOLONG, and I added Michael's and that patch to the port by
hand, and recompiled konsole, and it now works again.

Thanks to all for tracking this down.

LER

Phone: +1 972-414-9812                 E-Mail: ler at lerctr.org