Broken kernel on 5.1-RELEASE was :[compile on 5.1-RELEASE / 5-CURRENT (SMP, PAE & scsi)]

Mark Sergeant msergeant at snsonline.net
Tue Aug 19 20:50:33 PDT 2003

Ok I've now got problems with the compiled kernel, I get panics on my
multiple cpu machine on boot just after boot & before the prompt is
reached. It's a lock on cpu #2 ( I believe cpu 3 ).

Unfortunately I don't have the exact message nor do I have a kernel dump
as this machine is "meant" to be a production one and as such a boot of
kernel.old was done.

Does anyone have a 4 or greater cpu machine running 5.1-RELEASE
succesfully ? I've got a 5.1-RELEASE machine running with the same
kernel config & 2 cpu's  without any problem so I can only think that
it's something to do with more than 2 cpu's.

Cheers,

Mark

--
Mark Sergeant <msergeant at snsonline.net>