Problem with dhclient & wi0 on resume.

Mark Sergeant msergeant at snsonline.net
Tue Aug 12 16:54:48 PDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 21:10, Martin Blapp wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Unfortunately this system hasn't worked for me. As it is I have a script

I've put the sleep command in rc.suspend and the wake in rc.resume but
they didn't help. I also tried to use these commands manually and again
no luck. Killing dhclient and restarting manually works though.

> Have you tested it and included theses commands in rc.resume and rc.suspend ?
>
> > which lives in rc.d which starts up dhclient with the appropriate
> > wireless options. Unfortunately after each suspend and resume this is
> > what I have to use.
> >
> > If anyone comes up with a solution to this it'd be much appreciated.
>
> Which "script" do you use ? The dhclient script in /etc/rc.d ?

The script I use is a "homemade" one, after looking at
/etc/rc.d/dhclient it seems that this will do the job nicely enough,
thanks for this tip.

My main problem now comes back to the wi driver spitting up a whole lot
of errors, it's now quite often freezing up entirely with the following

wi0: timeout in wi_cmd 0x0002; event status 0x8080
wi0: timeout in wi_cmd 0x0121; event status 0x8080
wi0: wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear.
wi0: wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear.
wi0: wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear.
wi0: wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear.
wi0: wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear.
wi0: wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear.
wi0: wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear.
wi0: wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear.
wi0: wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear.
wi0: wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear.
wi0: wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear.
wi0: wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear.
wi0: wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear.
wi0: wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear.
wi0: wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear.
wi0: wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear.
wi0: wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear.
wi0: failed to allocate 2372 bytes on NIC
wi0: tx buffer allocation failed (error 12)
wi0: interface not running
wi0: wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear.
wi0: wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear.
wi0: wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear.
wi0: wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear.
wi0: wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear.
wi0: wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear.
wi0: wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear.
wi0: wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear.
wi0: wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear.

The machine then has to be hard reset when this happens.

--
Mark Sergeant <msergeant at snsonline.net>
SNSOnline Technical Services