Best Known Methods for dual booting WinXP + -current

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Fri Aug 8 11:39:12 PDT 2003

> From: John Reynolds <johnjen at reynoldsnet.org>
> Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 13:10:06 -0700
> Sender: owner-freebsd-current at freebsd.org
>
> hello all,
>
> Having had a positive experience thus far with 5.1-RELEASE and -current beyond
> that on one of the new boxes I recently built, it is now time to build up the
> dual-boot system (BSD for me, WinXP for the wife ;). I've read different
> reports (some from laptop users) about using the WinXP loader to boot FreeBSD
> and I've also read reports that people used the standard boot-easy to boot both
> (while even others using GRUB).
>
> Are there currently any issues with dual-booting 5.1-RELEASE and/or -current
> along with Windows XP (probably SP1)? This would be on the same physical
> disk. What do you other -current users who are faced with dual booting XP do
> for the most part?

I'm partial to BootEasy. It's not sexy, but it is simple and reliable
and has one very nice capability that the others with which I am
familiar lack. It will default to re-booting he system which was last
booted.

This is not an overwhelming thing, but I find it nice, so I use it.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)