mdconfig feature request

Terry Lambert tlambert2 at mindspring.com
Fri Aug 8 00:25:26 PDT 2003

Tobias Roth wrote:
> > You could do the vnode.  Doing the path is hard.
>
> the vnode is good enough for me. would someone be so kind to implement
> that?

Depends; what are you going to do, with only the address of a
kernel structure?  What's having that going to buy you?

> or will this still cause problems because the vnode file can actually
> be deleted (as stated below)?

Again, it really depends on what the heck you are wanting to
do with it once you have it.  If you only want to print it out
as a hex number on a little square of paper and carry it around
as a good luck charm, won't any random hex number work for that?

A better idea might be telling the list what problem is it that
you are trying to solve, since we may already have a way of
solving it.

-- Terry