Mozilla V1.3.1 crashing on FreeBSD 5.1-C (older cvsup level)

Tom Parquette tparquet at twcny.rr.com
Thu Aug 7 07:10:19 PDT 2003

I deinstalled and reinstalled gtk12.  That appears to have fixed this
problem.
Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
>>(mozilla-bin:62160): Gtk-WARNING **: A floating object was finalized.
>>This means that someone called g_object_unref() on an object that had
>>only a floating reference; the initial floating reference is not owned
>>by anyone and must be removed with gtk_object_sink() after a normal
>>reference is obtained with g_object_ref().
>>$
>

> Could be a problem with your gtk12 port.  You might try rebuilding it.

I removed flashplugin-mozilla and installed flashpluginwrapper.
The screen painted but when I put the mouse pointer in the flash window,
it indicates the movie was not loaded.
However, I'm not getting error messages/crashes, per se.
> I would remove the flashplugin-mozilla-0.4.10_2 package, and install
> www/flashpluginwrapper instead.

I've picked up a different problem...
When I try to click on links off of the historychannel web site (either
javascript or to another html page) I get the following:
mozilla-bin in free(): error: page is already free
I cannot identify any pattern to this message but once it is issued, I
have to control-C out of mozilla-gtk2 in the window I started it from.
I have not found any other way to get out of the problem.  Put another
way, when I get this error, Mozilla is dead but control-C will get rid
of the hung application.

Cheers...