ntop broken?

Charlie Schluting charlie at schluting.com
Wed Aug 6 08:57:58 PDT 2003

Howdy,
Running 5.0.
I'm trying to install ntop from ports, but this is what I get:

* ERROR: 1. Basic c library routines are missing.
*           (yes means it was found, no means it was not found)
*
*              crypt.h...no (optional)
*              crypt() in -lc...no -lcrypt...no
*
*>>> No way to proceed.
*
*???     1. Install the necessary c compiler libraries/headers
*???    and Rerun ./configure

Ok, then maybe I can install crypto stuff? I found:
mcrypt: This program is intended to replace crypt(1)

Cool, so I tried to install;

su-2.05b# make install
===>  mcrypt-2.5.13 is marked as broken: Does not configure.

:(

I there something else I can install to satisfy ntop's configure error:
crypt() in -lc...no -lcrypt...no

TIA,

--Charlie