bootstrapping network (bcm) on Dell D800

Dr. Richard E. Hawkins hawk at slytherin.ds.psu.edu
Tue Aug 5 12:40:50 PDT 2003

If I'm reading the recent messages correctly, the bcm driver won't work
unless updated to approximately July 17.

I burned 5.1 iso's, and installed most of it successfully.  How do I
bootstrap the network.  I saw Bill Paul's references to testing a patch
prior to committing it.  Is this something I can apply singly to the
source that comes on the ISO (and if so, just where do I grab it?), and
then build a kernel, reboot, and update the rest of the source?

thanks

hawk, anxious to play with his new toy
--
Richard E. Hawkins, Asst. Prof. of Economics    /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
dochawk at psu.edu  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700      \ /   against HTML mail