INET6 in world

Jens Rehsack rehsack at liwing.de
Sun Aug 3 07:07:19 PDT 2003

Hi David,

I've seen that several world daemons (rpcbind, telnetd, ...) are
build with INET6.
In real life, I do not know anyone who owns some IPv6 addresses
but many guys who disabled INET6 on their machines in kernel.
Now the daemons prints out a (IMHO useless) warning, that they
cannot bind to the INET6 socket on each start. Especially on
workstation, which might to be started each day, this confuses
the employee (each one once, but me as admin each time).

Now the question: Would a patch be welcome which enables INET6
only if /etc/make.conf not contains 'NO_INET6=true'?

Best regards and nice weekend,
Jens