Yet another crash in FreeBSD 5.1

Terry Lambert tlambert2 at mindspring.com
Sat Aug 2 18:15:41 PDT 2003

Terry Lambert wrote:
> There's no reason to be paranoid about your baby with me; unlike
> some people, personally I like Vinum, so relax and realize that
> I'm not trying to blame your code by trying to help him squeeze
> more information out of the data he *is* able to gather.

To follow this up:

Sometimes you have to work with the information you have available,
rather than the information you wish you had available.  in an
earlier post, he said that he was having problems collecting
system crash dumps.  So what he has is pretty much what we get to
work with.

If you think that's fun, try translating a traceback that's a set
of hexadecimal instruction addresses for a released product (at
least you get the symbol'ed kernel to look at in gdb) from a
blurry digital photograph of a computer monitor...

-- Terry