SOLVED (Was: Problem with AHC driver.)

Adam Kranzel adam at blacktabby.org
Fri Aug 1 07:13:02 PDT 2003

On Friday 25 July 2003 10:33, Adam Kranzel wrote:
> On Friday 25 July 2003 10:08, Scott Long wrote:

<snip lots>

Okay, I've got a new kernel working now.
It seems it was a combination of a messed-up /boot/device.hints file (I'd not
updated it in a long time), and the BIOS assigning IRQ 15 to the AHC card,
which it didn't seem to like. I copied over GENERIC.hints (and added a couple
things), and messed around to give the card a different IRQ, and all seems to
be working fine now.
Thanks to all the developers for making such a great OS.

 -Adam