Build failover ZFS, like HA-Storage from Solaris

Denny Schierz linuxmail at 4lin.net
Fri Feb 18 09:26:20 UTC 2011

hi,

we're searching for an alternative failover solution with ZFS. We have
two nodes connected to _one_ SAS Storage (so, no DRBD or anything
possible) and we want, to export zfs volumes via ISCSI to other systems.

If the primary node fails, the ZFS Pool (which also does 8 times raidz2)
has to be move to the secondary node. If that is done, the global IP
(carp?) switch to the new node.

It works with HA-Storage from Solaris 10, but the license are too
expensive on none sun-hardware :-/ for our university.

Any solutions?