Cluster Filesystem on FreeBSD

Leinier Cruz Salfran salfrancl.listas at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 18:39:21 UTC 2010

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 6:09 AM, Erik Scholtz, ArgonSoft GmbH
<escholtz at argonsoft.de> wrote:
> Hi,

hi

> I did some research the last two weeks on how to build a cluster filesystem
> on FreeBSD.
>
> My solution at the moment is, to rsync all filesystems once a minute, which
> is rather to rare. So I tried to get a hook with KQueue to rsync the
> filesystems on data-change. Unfortunatly I could not find a working solution
> (had a try with IO::KQueue using perl).

i use rsync to make partial data backup .. ie: /etc, /usr/local/etc,
/usr/home, /var/logs ...

> How do you guys solve this problem (of a shared filesystem with rw-option)?
> Any hints are welcome, since I'm getting very frustrated at the moment.

there is a project named 'hast'[1] for a clustered filesystem .. it's
being developed by pawel .. the project has some completed milestones,
so you can get it from fbsd src svn tree .. hast can do clustered
filesystem right now but it's not complete, so there is no stable yet

other way is gmirror[2] + ggated .. with that you can get a raid1 over
net solution .. but i think it's not prepared to be used as
master-master soluction

> Greetings,
> Erik

okey, same