Question about iSCSI / NAS / Cluster

Francisco Cabrita francisco.cabrita at gmail.com
Mon May 25 15:03:47 UTC 2009

Hi,

I don't know if this ML is the right place to post a question about
NAS/iSCSI and Cluster related issue. I will write it anyway.

info:
I have built a NAS server under FreeBSD. Geom RAID5 over 3 hard disks and
iSCSI target0 created.
It is up and running without problems "exporting" a SCSI driver to a Ms
Windows 2000 Server with Microsoft iSCSI Inititator driver.
The volume is NTFS.

doubt:
I have read multiple "old" posts around the web that I can't connect
multiple initiators (w2k clients) to the same target. Is this true nowadays?

Facts:
I really need at least two w2k clients to the same "storage NAS". Any tip
about how to solve this?
Maybe some kind of failover technique between both w2k servers?

I really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance

Best Regards
Francisco

PS: I sent this email to freebsd-scsi ML too. No anwsers until now.

--
blog: http://sufixo.com/raw
http://www.linkedin.com/in/franciscocabrita