bsdcluster.com/org

Jules Gilbert jules.stocks at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 12:34:11 UTC 2009

I'm just a user, not a developer and I have no use for the URL's.

But I would like to mention that no one makes a distribution intended
for a cluster machine.  All the distributions that I know about are
intended for fairly general purpose set of uses;  For example, no
machine operating within a cluster of machines should be loaded with
compiler tools;  Such tasks, such as compiling source code should
happen prior to loading code on a cluster.

Also, cluster-based machines usually need certain resources that, so
far as I know, are not pre-built into the current distributions.  And
though we tried, spending (over the course of a year,) a couple of
months on the problem, we were never able to make cluster-it work on
FreeBSD.  Most of the code works just fine, but not the critical
task/job control features.

Cluster machines are intended for production, not development.  Lot's
of similar characterizations can be made, but no one, at least so far
as I know, makes a distribution, either for Linux or FreeBSD, that is
appropriate for cluster community service.