How to on building a High Performance Server on FreeBSD

Stanislav Sedov stas at FreeBSD.org
Sat Oct 18 10:50:22 UTC 2008

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 14:15:50 -0700 (PDT)
Gerardo Paredes <gerardon_paredes at yahoo.com> mentioned:

> I am giving a course for students who are about to finish their undergraduate classes on Systems Engineering. We are trying to set up a High Performance cluster for mathematic applications.   Does someone on the list know of a well written "howto" kind of document we can support whenever we get stuck at something.

What mechanism do you plan to use for parallel computation? If you'll go
for MPI I think the setup won't be different from any other UNIX, so any
documentation will apply.

--
Stanislav Sedov
ST4096-RIPE