Clustering with Freebsd

yf-263 yfyoufeng at 263.net
Wed May 11 20:44:25 PDT 2005

在 2005-05-11三的 22:31 -0500,Eric Anderson写道:
> yf-263 wrote:
> > 在 2005-05-11三的 09:10 -0500,Eric Anderson写道:

> >>And it would only be for failover, not for load distribution/balancing.
> >>
> >>We really need a clustered filesystem for FreeBSD..
> >

> > Forget recite that we are also implementing it on FreeBSD ;) For the HA
> > and HP purpose.
>
> For my purposes, I need to be able to serve data on that filesystem via

Use our FS, you will not need NFS anymore, cause it is also a
distributed FS. And it will also reduce the cost to 1/3 ~ 1/4.

> NFS - will that be possible too?  Will this code be open source?

Now we are considering the possibility of open source to gain a well
project life :)

> I'd actually like to see a FreeBSD port of GFS..

Before I have worked on porting Redhat GFS to Darwin, which use FreeBSD
FS infrastructure. And the porting works on CML ;)

--
yf-263 <yfyoufeng at 263.net>
Unix-driver.org