Infrastructure Question

Phil E. Clusters at mpecsinc.com
Thu Jun 2 18:05:33 GMT 2005

Hello all,

I have done some research into the communication setup we will be using with
our clusters, and so far the xStack series by D-Link seem to have the
features that would work well for our budget. We want to stick with Gigabit
(most of our nodes will be dual Gigabit load balanced) and as big an uplink
setup between switches as possible.

What type of switches do you recommend? Currently the fibre interconnect
equipment such as Myricom or InfiniBand is out of our league, so we are
sticking with CAT6 copper based networking for now, with a move to fibre or
CAT7 in the later phases of our project.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated!

Pax,

Philip Elder

MPECS Inc.