Leaving the group

Andy Sporner asporner at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 11 21:34:46 GMT 2004

Hi,

I have waited to see what kind of comments would have been
elicited from Lasse's suggestion and so far it has produced
none.  However it has produced many hits of my server.

I am really not suprised considering the reply I got
here from this one.

--- "Samaniego, Marlon S" <marlon.s.samaniego at lmco.com> wrote:
> Good idea !
>
> > I think at this point I will just remove my software
> > from general distribution if this is going to be the
> > way that support is going to be given...
> >
> > Regards

Normally I don't put someting in the public what is recieved
as private, but then again since manners and respect seem to
be a thing of the past here, so also is my observance.

I have sought to produce software that people can use to do
failover and eventually process failover.  Already I have
release filesystem triggers to some testers and have worked
in every place I have worked on so far.

I WILL NOT under any circumstances release software to an
audience that has shown such a gross lack of respect that
has been given to me here.  It is a total disgrace and those
of you who are guilty should be ashamed of yourself.  You
think by sitting behind a keyboard removes you from the
responsibility of acting like human beings.  I am sorry but
I don't buy into that.

If my work meant so much as to be usefull to many people as
the claim has been made, then I should have seen more
respect as I have done.

I am not some college student that is wet behind the ears.
I have been in this industry for the last 20 years and have
worked on high availability for Hyatt, Walgreen Company and
Network Engines and now a german company that is making a
next generation load balancer (which runs Freebsd inside).
I have the background and I know what I am talking about,
whereas I am convinced that a large percentage are really
legends in their own mind.  My work is concrete and is in
use,  how many of you can say that!  Especially this goes
to the person who wrote the reply I pasted in here.

I am not convinced things are really likely to change and
the experience here has shown this even this afternoon.
It is for this reason and this reason alone that I am now
going to leave this forum.

I wish in the future that more respect is given to others
that are contributing to this forum.  I am saddened that
this has been my experience here.

Regards

Andy Sporner